Monday, November 22, 2010

10 inky quotes for Monday

So, here are 10 inky quotes for Monday:

“A scholars ink lasts longer than a martyrs blood”
 Irish Saying

“Don't think it, ink it.”
 Mark Victor Hansen


“I dip my pen in the blackest ink, because I'm not afraid of falling into my inkpot.”
 Ralph Waldo Emerson  (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

“Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.”
 Milton Friedman  (American Economist, b.1912)

“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.”
Henry Rollins  (American Rock Singer, Author, Actor and Poet, b.1961)

“A scholars ink lasts longer than a martyrs blood”
 Irish Saying

“The palest ink is better than the sharpest memory”
Chinese Proverb


“Write till your ink be dry, and with your tears

Moist it again, and frame some feeling line

That may discover such integrity.”
William Shakespeare  (English Dramatist, Playwright and Poet, 1564-1616)

“Let there be gall enough in thy ink; though thou write with a goose-pen, no matter.”
William Shakespeare  (English Dramatist, Playwright and Poet, 1564-1616)

“He hath not fed of the dainties that are bred in a book; he hath not eat paper, as it were; he hath not drunk ink.”
William Shakespeare  (English Dramatist, Playwright and Poet, 1564-1616)






No comments:

Post a Comment